In this topic, you will come to know the steps for reconnecting Netgear Wi-Fi range extender to the home network. Here, we are talking off re-connect, so the extender must have configured earlier on the network and should have a valid IP address.
Firstly, we are going to discuss the steps for reconnecting the Netgear extender using the Ethernet cable:
- Connect the Nighthawk extender to the computer with the help of Ethernet cable. Connect one end of the cable to the extender and other to the computer.
- Open an internet browser on the computer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the browser URL address bar.
- Click ‘Enter’ followed by ‘Search’.
- You will find a login page displayed on the screen. Click to enter the login name and password.
- In case the login page doesn’t appear on the screen, click on the link which says, ‘Can’t access mywifiext.net’.
- After step 5, enter the ‘Admin’ as username and ‘Password’ in the password field. Both the credentials are case-sensitive. You must enter them carefully.
- If you want to reset or recover the password of your extender login, you can click on ‘Reset password help’ link.
- You will find a link, ‘How to perform a factory reset on my Netgear Nighthawk extender’? Factory reset will delete all the passwords and other settings configured so far. Everything will now come to default.
- Tap Login
- Go to ‘Setup’ then ‘Wireless settings’.
- Under security option, go to the ‘Password’ field and verify the password entered in the box. If the password doesn’t match, you will find a message on the screen.
- Tap ‘Apply’.
- Reconnect all the Wi-Fi enabled devices to the extender.
How to reconnect Netgear extender using a Wi-Fi network?
- Push and hold the factory settings button given on the side panel for at least 7 seconds. Your range extender will reset.
- Go to a laptop or mobile Wi-Fi menu and select the Wi-Fi network related to the extender from the list.
- Open a web browser on the same device and enter the same address as discussed for the previous method.
- Press ‘Enter’ and search model number by entering the serial number.
- Enter default login username and password. The default username and password can be retrieved from the same website itself under the ‘Help’ link.
- Enter ‘Admin’ in the username and ‘Password’ in the password field of the extender.
- Both the fields are case-sensitive.
- Tap login.
- Follow on-screen instructions to reconnect the extender to the home network.
- From any smartphone or device, select the SSID of your extender and enter the password if you have enabled any security on it.
- Reconnect all the devices one by one and start accessing internet flawlessly.