Have you bought a Netgear Wireless AX11000 Nighthawk Router? If yes, then you need to move onto the process where you need to set up the router. There are a number of options that must be understood before you begin, and it is easy to make a wrong turn. The setup process remains the same irrespective of which device you are setting the device on. Here is what you need to set up a Netgear Wireless Router.
- Internet connection
- Netgear wireless router
If you have these two things with you, then you can proceed with the setting up process of your Netgear Wireless Router.
Set Up a Netgear Wireless Router
- Take a decision as to which router model you need to buy. Netgear Wireless AX11000 Nighthawk Router is one of the most popular router models in the world, so if you have opted for this, then that’s great. If you have chosen some other Netgear model, then make sure it meets your requirements in the most suitable way.
- Purchase Router: Buy a Netgear router in search of the best possible price. There are many online websites that you can consider for purchasing Netgear Router, but make sure to buy a genuine product with genuine warranty.
- Position the router: You need to identify the best place for installing the router. The router must be centrally located to limit the distance to customers and ensure stronger and uninterrupted connections. The location depends on how it will be used. For example, the Router shouldn’t be kept in a corner or in the basement because then, the signal strength will not be as good as it could have been, had the router was placed in the right location.
- Plug the router into the wall outlet and turn on the router. You need to wait a few seconds or until all the necessary lights on the router start flashing and become stable. Because the router is a complex electronic device, it will not work immediately when it is turned on. While starting up, the light should blink. When it has finished booting, the light should remain solid.
- Connect a computer to the router either with a wireless or wired connection. Restart the computer to ensure a new IP address of the router via Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Launch your web browser and then, open the web interface by entering “http://192.168.1.1/” in the address bar. When the web interface appears, enter “admin” in the username field followed by entering “1234” or “password” in the password field.
- Connection to the internet if required. Connect your cable or DSL modem to the router’s WAN port followed by opening the web interface and running the Internet Connection Setup Wizard in it.
- Go through the directions followed by offering authentication information.
- Connect more customers. At this point, clients must be able to successfully connect and access the internet.
With that, you can set up a Netgear Wireless Router without taking anybody’s help. However, if you are not able to access the internet through Netgear Router, then you can consult Netgear Wireless Router support providers.