Some netizens encountered the inability to manage the wireless router during the process of using the wireless router. The dial-up connection setting could not be made, and the wireless signal light was not lit. How to deal with the wireless routing fault? Today, we will analyze this issue for you. Read the post till the end to get rid of the problem.
- If there is a problem with the initial setup, you can solve the problem by following the steps below. You need to check the line followed by topology connection and then, panel light. You will have to use your PC to dial up the Internet. If it is OK, you can eliminate the line fault. There will be just a single PC connected to the wireless router. When the router is connected to MODEM, check the wireless router power interface, LAN Port, WAN port connection along with the panel lights corresponding to these ports. In the case of a normal physical connection, you will see that the power light on the router, internet light, and LAN port light will remain on, with the power light being stable and wireless signal light turned off.
- If the WAN light of the wireless router is not lit, check whether the MODEM is enabled and whether the connection between modem and router is done the right way. Along with that, the light corresponding to wireless signal is not lit before the wireless router is configured, which compel people to think that the device is powered on, whereas in reality, it is not, so it is necessary to configure the device once and you will see the wireless light turning on.
- The user computer’s IP address settings; generally, need to manage the router by wire. If you have installed multiple network cards along with several connections, then you will have to disable those connections temporarily. Then, set the computer to automatically obtain IP and DNS. If you cannot get the IP address, check whether the network card is working or not. You have the option to use another network cable or try another PC to retry, or you can restore the router to the factory defaults. There is a small round hole next to the router antenna in which you need to insert a pointed object, as then; the router will be reset to factory defaults.
- IE settings and security settings, if you want to use the proxy server network, then you will have to change the IE proxy server settings, disable the proxy, the security settings are too high, unable to access the network, medium security settings and more.
- You will have to log in to the wireless router. In normal situations, you have the ability to manage the wireless router normally after following the above steps. Enter the default management address of the router in the IE address bar, 192.168.1.1, login user name and password. 192.168.1.1 is the default management address of the wireless router. Enter ‘admin’ in the username field and enter ‘password’ in the password field.
- If it is used for a period of time, then the router will be powered off and restarted. Be sure to disconnect all users on the LAN. Only use a computer that is determined to be non-toxic to connect to the router and try to manage it, because the virus may be unmanageable. If it is still unmanageable, record the relevant settings of the router, restore it to the factory value, and check it according to law.
Finally, let’s discuss the way to reset the router. To reset the router, you need to:
- Turn off the power of the wireless router, then press and hold the Reset button.
- Turn on the power of the router, pay attention to the 1, 2, 3, 4 port of the LAN port on the front panel of the router.
- Release the Reset button immediately after the indicators are detected in sequence, and the reset process is completed.