There is USB type A and Type C port available on the Netgear mobile nighthawk router. You can recharge the router with the USB type C port. This port is open for wall-socket type and computer charging. If you charge through wall-socket, then it will take less time as compared to computer port charging. The Netgear Nighthawk mobile router also support fast charging so, you can use the fast charger which can charge up to 75% battery within 30 minutes.
How to recharge the Netgear Nighthawk router through wall socket charger.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the charging connector on the nighthawk and another to the wall type adapter.
- Plug the adapter to the power supply.
- You will find the LED blinking on the battery icon. It means the battery is charging.
- The battery indicator will let you know when the battery is fully charged.
If you have switched off the router, the battery will continue to charge even after this. In case, the battery is not charging, you can go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Check if the router is hot. If you have placed the router in the hot climatic conditions, then it may auto-cut off and the battery will stop charging due to safety concern. The lithium-ion battery works below 45 degrees.
- The USB cable is connected firmly to the charger and to the router. If the problem still exists, then check whether the adapter is connected properly or not.
- If the wall socket is controlled through the switch, then don’t forget to turn it on.
How to recharge the Nighthawk battery through a computer USB port?
- Connect the USB cable to the router and to the USB port of your computer.
When you charge the router with the computer port, don’t forget to turn off the USB tethering. The settings to turn off the tethering are:
- Open a web browser from the computer and enter 192.168.1.2 in the address space to open the default login page of your Netgear router.
- Enter the login username and the password.
- Go to ‘Router setup’ and select ‘Tethering’.
- Click on ‘Charging’ only.
- When the battery starts charging, the battering icon will start a lightning bolt.
- You will get the notification on the computer screen and the charging LCD indicates that the battery is full.
Important: The LCD will auto go into sleep mode after a stipulated time period to prolong the battery life. If you want to wake it up again, press and hold the power button.
This is how you can charge the Netgear mobile router with the USB charging port. We hope you can enjoy internet access seamlessly on your devices after charging the router to a sufficient level.